The Twin Cities is a great place to live or visit. It is a friendly place(Minnesota Nice) even in the coldest of weather most people are still polite and share friendly smiles. No matter the season there is always something to do. I will make a list of top things to do both outdoor and indoor, not only in the Twin Cities area, but in the awesome state, Minnesota.
The Great Outdoors
- visit the Sculpture Garden, known for its Cherry in the Spoon sculpture. It’s a beautiful outdoor place to walk and admire art work and gardens. You can even stop at the mini golf course located on the premises, if the mini golf course is busy, no problem, they have a beautiful and comfortable waiting area where you can sit enjoy your company while eating good food and having a few drinks. walkerart.org/garden
- If you have children a great place to go is the Edina Aquatic Center. Parents bring your swimsuits too! They have age appropriate areas sectioned off for safety, as well as lifeguards to watch and keep your children safe. Parents can lay comfortably on reclining lawn chairs to relax, or jump into the water and have fun bonding with your child. If you get hungry no need to worry they have a snack bar. If your kids get tired of the pool and need a break, head to the playground. Lots to do! for further information click here!
- The MN Twins Baseball games. Make sure you go to the awesome Target Field Stadium to catch the Twins play. You can visit the official MN Twins website to get their schedule for the season. minnesota.twins.mlb.com Let the good times roll!
- If you like baseball and want a more intimate feel, watch the Saint Paul Saints play in their award-winning CHS Stadium. You may even get to see the famous co-owner, Bill Murray (which I would LOVE to watch a game with him) . It’s kid friendly with lots of entertainment between innings. It’s a super fun experience for all ages, I absolutely love going to the Saints games.saintsbaseball.com
- The Farmers Market’s are always an interesting and fun way to shop. There are plenty of locations to choose from so check here for locations and more information. minnesotagrown.com
- Uptown has a fun atmosphere, plenty of shops from retail to coffee or tea, as well as restaurants and theaters to walk to and fro. en.wikipedia.org/…iki/Uptown,_Minneapolis
- The many Lakes our beautiful state has. It seems no matter what city you’re in you will find a lake(MN is known for ‘The Land of 10,000 lakes’). One of the favorite lakes to visit is Lake Harriet. They have concerts and movies at the Bandshell located right beside the lake, a large park for kids to play, two beaches to swim at, walking path around the lake, biking path as well, picnic tables with grills to have a cook out, if you don’t want to grill, you can always go to the snack stand and sit at the tables by the lake(relaxing with a great view and breeze) trolley rides are highly recommended for additional fun and it’s even informative giving you the history of trolley as they take you from lake Harriet to Calhoun then back again… definite good times!
- There are two fun zoos I’d recommend, the Minnesota Zoo and the Como Zoo. The Minnesota Zoo has a cost, but it is well worth it! The Como Zoo has no entry fee but runs on donations, so if possible throw in a few dollars to help out.
- Take a vacation from the city life and go Up North to enjoy the small town feel. Duluth, Brainerd, Ely, Walker. While the city life is great, it is always relaxing to be one with nature. Go hiking, boating, fishing, eat at small town restaurants, shop small town stores, swim, or sit outside and read a good book. At night you can see the spectacular starry night, you may even see a shooting star!
- Enjoy Recreation and Leisure through the city parks whether you have kids or not. there are lots to do from sports, to classes you can sign up for, to Summer movies and festivals.
- Apple Orchards are an always fun and great tasting place to go. minnesotagrown.com/product/apples
- In the Winter outdoors can be very fun, just make sure you dress warm and in layers. Ice skating outdoors is extremely fun, and you can even join in on pick up hockey games, just go to a Minneapolis park or one of the lakes. Go sledding, snow boarding, skiing, and snow shoeing at Theodore Wirth Park minneapolisparks.org/…/theodore_wirth_regional_park . You can look up information on other Mpls parks to see when they have winter festivals, or to just play in the snow.
- The Mall of America, known for the largest Mall in the USA. It is impressive with many things to do, from the Nickelodeon Universe park in the center to every store imaginable to the wide variety of restaurants, and cannot forget Lego Land. Be sure to check out the upscale Southdale Mall as well which is known for being the first mall ever built-in the USA.
- Museums galore, one of the great things about the Twin Cities is the love for arts, we have many museums to visit. there’s the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Minnesota History Center, Science Museum of MN, Weisman Art Museum, MN Children’s Museum, Mill City Museum, Walker Art Center, Foshay Museum and Observation Deck. There are a few more museums, but this list ought to keep you busy for a while. yelp.com/search
- The theatre is spectacular, you can go to any of the following to enjoy a good play… The Guthrie Theater, Historic Orpheum Theater, Theatre De La Juene Lune (if you’re an audience member that likes to feel a part of the production, this is for you!)… the best website to check out for shows and a list of theaters is here. minneapolis-theater.com
- Relax by going to listen to classical music at the Minnesota Orchestra, check out the calendar for events here minnesotaorchestra.org
- For the brave souls you can have paintball wars, both places I found have low impact paint balls for less of a sting. MN Paintball Air Assault is located in St. Paul, check out all the info here airassaultpaintball.com The Mpls location is called Splatball Indoor Paintball, go to splatball.com
- Love music, go to the iconic First Avenue located in Downtown Minneapolis. Be a part of the great history of this building who has featured top artists like Prince and Bob Dylan. For more history and upcoming shows visit first-avenue.com
- If you enjoy watching Winter Sports you have a variety of choices… The MN Wild Hockey Team, Timberwolves Basketball Team, WNBA Lynx Basketball, and Vikings Football. for tickets click here tickets.com
- Let kids be kids, get their energy out at a fun indoor park, a favorite place my kids love to go to is called Eagles Nest parents can sit and catch up on a good book or socialize with other parents while the kids have fun ci.newbrighton.mn.us/index.asp
- Everybody loves going to the movies, with many theaters to choose from you shouldn’t have a problem finding a good one to watch. yahoo.com/movies/showtimes
For more information on what to do in MN visit site, exploreminnesota.com