You’re in the middle of turning on the computer to pay bills, you have your planner out trying to plan out your day, while getting the kids ready for school, making their lunch AND your very important cup of coffee (success relies on this cup of coffee!) On top of everything you are already doing, your kids are calling you for help and you’re overwhelmed and would love to have a few extra you’s on hand, MULTIPLICITY ME PLEASE!. Wouldn’t it be awesome to boss yourself around, #1 you take care of the kids, #2 pay the bills, #3 prepare the kid’s school lunch, #4 shop for todays dinner list and make it, #5 rub my shoulders and calm me down! how lovely, right?!
Having a family turns you into the multitasking machine, doing one thing at a time in a leisurely pace is near to non-existent… that’s why dropping off your lovable kids at school gives you a sense of relief, a deep breath in and out, a sudden relax feeling takes over your body because two-thirds of the demands have just left your home and entered the school doors. No questions about where something is, checking if teeth are brushed, hair is combed, papers are in designated folders, etc, etc, etc… Now you can work on eliminating what’s on your TO-DO list for the day! You’ve got this Rock Star!
I know what you’re thinking… ‘Um, Eloise, you can’t actually clone yourself numerous times to have a team of YOU! that’s just in that great movie ‘Multiplicity’ with Michael Keaton (one of your all time favorite actors!)’ Yes people, I know! So how can I help you?! Well, fear no more… you can’t stop multitasking all together, there’s a strategy behind this to make you not lose yourself!
The Best Way To Multi-Task
- Write out a list! This helps reduce the stress of trying to remember everything to do… You can even write top priorities down first (ones that need to get done first).
- Do some of the quick projects first. Crossing off things on your list motivates you to keep going. Makes you feel good, like you’re an accomplished person, and that’s an awesome feeling people!
- The more important and difficult the task, the more focus you need to give it. do NOT multitask on these projects.
- Multitask with easy everyday projects. Things that are like 2nd nature and you automatically do, go ahead multitask the heck out of it all, you got this!
- Think ahead, meaning work ahead of schedule… chop/prepare food so later all you have to do is throw it in a pot/pan and cook your dinner.
- Most importantly, get everyone in the family involved, you are a team! Make a chore list for everyone, communicate to each other, and if you are overwhelmed ask for extra help.
- And by all means, watch the movie ‘Multiplicity’ it’s a good one! (Michael, if you ever read this and are in Minneapolis MN, send me a message via ‘connect with me’ on menu bar and let me know… I’d like to take you out for brunch or something (this is me, winking a cute wink to you… damn, I’m a dork, and I’d probably win the lottery before this ever happened, but it’s worth a shot!)
Well readers of TwinCitiesView, I wish you success in this hectic life schedule, make sure you take time to chill out a few minutes so you don’t go crazy… And if there IS a doctor out there who does clone people, contact me too! If I can rely on myself (clone me) I’d be set, I would call my team of ME: ‘Team Awesome!’ (high fiving myself right now!)
What do you think, would you clone yourself to build a team of you? and what would your team of ‘YOUS’ be called?
Have a great day!