The Inconsiderate Other
You think you’ve meant someone great, well they’re okay! Yah, the attractions there, yah the chemistry fills you up to the brim with ‘Oh My I want more, and more and MORE!’ they’re easy to talk to, fun, goofy and you know they feel the same (as matter of fact they are the one to bring this up on numerous occasions as you bite your tongue)… AND why do you bite your tongue and not talk about the future, what makes you halt at breaking down your walls of your heart and truly going all in with this? Well its because they tend to come off as a little bit inconsiderate!… And too bad for you, they have yet to grow out of the selfish, self-absorbed, center of the universe lifestyle (which that part of them completely turns you off)… It’s confusing how you have a strong connection with someone who lacks the moral, respectful, considerate compass. They just aren’t up to par with the type of person you would want to settle down with. If only they were considerate!
Dang chemistry, sometimes it’s a real kick in the pants when you know they’re probably never going to change and you’re NOT EVER going to be okay with the inconsiderate other.
What Is Inconsiderate?
Ways To Talk To The Inconsiderate Other (A Few Examples Of How To Stick Up For Yourself!)
- ‘Hey, when you cancel our plans over and over again and its last minute it’s rude, it’s disrespectful, it’s inconsiderate so if you want me in your life, I’d advise you to work on that and change.’
- ‘Well, I know technology is a part of life these days, but can you maybe put your phone down and talk to the person right in front of you! (point to your awesome self when you refer to YOU!) Side Note: Important phone calls are exempt from this!
- ‘Can you hold the door as I carry all of these things in OR would you mind taking a few things off my hands?’
- ‘Hey you PUNK! (and I mean punk in an endearing kind of way!) when you tell me the best way to get someone interested in you is to distance yourself and act like you’re not interested that is childish and stupid, if you pull that on me I’ll want nothing to do with you, because I’ll find others that act like they care, like they have class, and like they give a dang…’
- ‘If you’re having a bad day, please don’t take it out on me!’
- ‘Are you aware with how you are speaking to me, it’s coming off as rude, just so you know!’
- Hey buddy, the line applies to you too, the back is over there (and point to the direction)… they may flick you off (and in that case ‘gloves off’ only kidding! in that case smile with a little laughter as you rant and rave in your head) BUT maybe they’ll say sorry and move to the back of the line as you smile and say no problem!
In life you’re always going to bump into an inconsiderate person here and there, and the best thing you can do is stick up for yourself in a NICE way, because we are NOT going to stoop down to their level. We will be the change we wish to see in the world by setting an example of being a respectful person. ‘practice what we preach!’ I wish you luck on dealing with the inconsiderate Others in the world and hope that some of us may change a few cold, hard hearts into mushy loving hearts.
Side Note: ‘Sometimes’ we must be selfish in life to move up/forward for our well-being. When you find yourself in this situation be sure to communicate it with the people around you and ask for their understanding, also be sure to listen to them and understand their side (maybe you can compromise and therefore save a relationship/friendship). But not communicating is inconsiderate and can cost you the loss of a person or multiple people! (just be aware of other people’s feelings ‘Always!’)
Take care readers