Odds are against you… you are facing your ultimate challenge and choose not to back down, you’re fierce, you’re strong, you’re in the zone. Whatever you may be fighting… health problems, a championship game, a competitive job market… you are sure to work through it, you will not give up! What am I describing? Will Power! it all resides in you. You have the choice to zone in and take the challenge head on… good for you, you’re game!
What Is WillPower?
The mental power by which one controls one’s thought, actions and decisions.
The strength of will to carry out one’s decisions, wishes, or plans.
The control of one’s impulses and actions; determination; self-control.
The Secret To A Strong WillPower
So why is it that some people have a stronger willpower than others? What is their secret? How can you improve your sheer desire to work past any challenge no matter how unfair the odds are against you? Let’s take a look at what strong-willed people do daily…
- They know what you want! People with a strong willpower picture themselves achieving their goal. Find out what your goal is and stick with it, do your best to NOT change your goal as negotiating what you want will only hinder your success.
- They are a problem solver and never give up! problems will arise on your journey, that’s life! So find ways to work through them, don’t give up… if you need help, seek it!
- They believe in themselves! you’ll never get anywhere in life if you don’t feel you’re capable of getting there. This is an important one people! You can do it! Love yourself unconditionally.
- They take full responsibility for their actions! People with extraordinary willpower fully accept the statement, “I alone am responsible for my actions, my habits and my life.” No matter how you were raised or what kind of day you had, instead of looking to blame, divert your attention to how you can succeed and how you can follow through with healthy decisions and actions. says Katie Morton at the Huffington Post
- Be willing to pay the price! An athlete that is afraid of getting hurt will not take the chance of playing hard. Strong willpower people have a love for what they do and get it done no matter what! It’s all about getting yourself out of your comfort zone to make opportunities happen.
- They’re one with their emotions! Emotions help us navigate through life. When you feel your feelings and stay in touch with your own needs and desires for your life, you focus on making improvements rather than avoidance. states Katie Morton
- Strong willpower people stay positive! Positivity, also known as Optimism will help you through anything. Positive thoughts surround you with happiness and motivation.
- They focus on their values, not so much perfection! When we act from a place of expecting perfection, we keep our lives restricted by rules to maintain a false sense of control, which results in a fear of making mistakes. Perfectionism is a pass/fail game that cannot be won. Katie Morton.
Do your best to not play the victim in your life, that is the worst thing you can do for yourself (the complete opposite of a ‘strong willpower!’) Know that you are strong, you can do whatever you put your mind to… it’s all about mind over matter, so go all in, give 100% of yourself.
elephant photo by: galleryhip.com