Let Me Explain…
Now you’ve got something you want to say. The group of people you are facing have gathered around you and are waiting for you to speak. Just before you begin to talk you look around making eye-contact and are thinking ‘hmmm… where do I start?’ You want to make sure everyone understands what you’re explaining so there’s no if ands or buts about it. How to go about it? let’s look at this ‘explaining thing’ shall we…
- 1.make (an idea, situation, or problem) clear to someone by describing it in more detail or revealing relevant facts or ideas: “they explained that their lives centered on the religious rituals”synonyms:
How To Go About Explaining Something In The Clearest Way
- Know your audience and assess the situation. Who are you talking to? how much time do you have to speak?
- The specifics! Know your story so you stay on subject and don’t go off tangent. Be direct!
- Practice aloud or in your head of what you want to convey.
- Follow the Who? What? Where? When? Why? How? method. It doesn’t have to be in the exact order, FYI. This method will get any explanation understood. It will describe the whole story and answer any questions people may have.
My Explanation To You Fantastic Subscribers/Readers Of TwinCitiesView
Here’s an example of using the explanation method. kmmm -mmm! (clearing my throat!) Well, let me start by saying you all are fantastically fabulous people for visiting often and being part of the TCV community (if you’re not a subscriber, then please by all means let’s get you involved!) Okay! Now to the real deal… got to get direct and to the point (no going off tangent Eloise!) It’s so hard not too!
I would like to apologize to you readers on a few of my posts that have had grammatical errors. You see it all started when my kids were done with school and summer vacation kicked in. As a single Mama of two masterminded, amazing, slightly crabby at times kids, well I find my writing times to be either at the butt crack of dawn or late at night. Therefore my tired mind is getting revenge on me because it wants sleepy-time. But I LOVE my blog and I work hard at it and I have big goals for it and will not stop until I croak! So please, I ask you all to bear with me on this journey as I find a solution to my troubles. I will try my darned best to catch every grammatical error, but if one slips by me, by all means tell me on my personal message or via FB TwinCitiesView page. Say ‘Hey Eloise, what the heck woman? what’s with the writing? there’s a fix needed on such and such post.’ And I will get on it ASAP as I thank you a bunch and give you props!
And there you have it… My explanation of my recent errors (I seriously could not believe I misspelled my future boyfriends name in the last post called The NEED of Getting Even With Someone ‘sorry Michael’ hehehe!)
Take care readers!
photo 1 by: quora.com
photo 2 by: slideshare.net