Who Knows You Better Than Yourself? Nobody!
We hear it time and time again… I know you better than you even know yourself! Is this true? heck no! As a matter of fact a marriage counselor will tell you to never say that about your spouse or to anyone in your family! What actually makes an individual think they know a person better than his or herself? The truth is that could never be! We need to stop saying ‘I know what you’re thinking about this or that’ (assumptions, yes/no?!) Or how about when someone says I know you’re not cut out for this type of work so why don’t you try something else! I know, I know, I know… Gess-Louise (oh dear lord, I just wrote that old saying!)
It’s okay to joke about knowing someone better than they know themselves, but not literally speaking this with the actual feeling. Some people assume they know everything about a person and put them in a category, label them and their abilities which is limiting to that person. Maybe the person you think you know better than that actual person himself/herself has a dream, desire, hidden talent that you are unaware of.
The Exceptions To The Rule
- Now there is an argument about this ‘knowing someone better than themselves.’ Yes, it is a mental health professional! These people are educated in the MANY behavioral and personality traits who help others find themselves. Some people go through a traumatic experience or other reason and have what is called a blind spot or shut off emotionally and hold in everything. The person needs help figuring out why they feel and act a certain way. A mental health professional then digs deep into the persons thoughts and overall being which may have them know that person more than they know themselves… And that is the exception to the rule!
- For the people who believe in God, well it goes without saying, he knows each person and thing better than anyone.
- Oh, also a psychic (a very good psychic) may know a person more than they know themselves. What is a psychic?
- 1.relating to or denoting faculties or phenomena that are apparently inexplicable by natural laws, especially involving telepathy or clairvoyance: “psychic powers”synonyms:
- 2.of or relating to the soul or mind: “he dulled his psychic pain with gin”synonyms:antonyms:
Is The Saying Considered An Insult Or Not?
photo 1 by: laurenmcgahey.blogspot.com
photo 2 by: mccrarey.com