The Get Healthy Challenge!
This month I would like you to focus on a few things that will help you achieve mental, physical, and emotional toughness. Why a month? because that will give you enough time to FEEL the change if you don’t already practice these challenge-tips! So give it a try to feel great, to feel energized, to feel happy, and to feel healthy… No more feeling run down and moving in S-l-o-w M-o-t-i-o-n… No more taking the easiest way out because you’re just too tired, no more this no more that… I think you get the idea?!Here’s what you can do to get healthy…
The Challenge List
Do it daily for a month, then keep going!
- First off let’s start every morning thinking about all that we have in life and be thankful for those people and our material possessions. Most importantly be thankful for another day you’re here on earth living and breathing. If you need coffee first, go ahead and make that coffee! ~wink~ We all know being grateful is showing contentment in life and that’s a very healthy approach. Make it daily!
- Set a side ‘at least’ 20 minutes a day to exercise. Grab that jump rope, do sit ups, push ups, squats, go up and down your stairs. What ever exercise you choose do it daily!
- Set a side 15 minutes a day to meditate. Find that inner peace and stay there for the 15 minutes. Close you eyes, lay your hands on your chest to feel you breathing and heart, and sit or lay there in silence. Daily!
- Eat breakfast (breakfast food is SO GOOD that I don’t know why people want to skip it?! (you NO make NO sense… ‘Eloise you’re such a dork…’ I know I’mA DorK!)
- Be a dork every so often… It’s fun and it feeds your goofy-self to let that inner-child out. It’s good to be light-hearted and carefree at times. Enjoy Life daily!
- Find time to be OUTSIDE! whether it’s biking or walking to work, stores, etc… The fresh air, the sun, and the views of nature (animals/trees/flowers/grass) are good for you.
- Make social interactions among others daily… ‘Hey how’s it going? How’s life these days? What are you doing later? Oh, did you read the TwinCitiesView post today? It’s an awesome post, she’s such a great writer and motivator (Ha, I hope!) We are social beings and meant to interact with others (even the introverts need a friend or two to talk or sit with).
- Eat small portions of healthy foods every 2 hours, this keeps your metabolism working so it doesn’t slow down, which burns fat and keeps you energized to move.
- Drink beaucoup (a lot) of water. Water is GOOD! It helps cleanse your body by flushing it out, plus it keeps you hydrated which has many benefits for you body (especially your skin!) You can drink a big glass of water every two hours with your snack/meal.
- Challenge your brain by reading, writing, doing math, word problems, helping your kids with their homework, etc…
- Lastly, go to bed thankful for the day and get a good nights sleep. I challenge you to go to bed 30 minutes earlier than normal (an hour earlier if you usually stay up late and can swing it!) Get that 8 hours of catching ZZZ’s. Don’t fall asleep in front of the TV! Turn it off, crawl into your bed, turn off your light so you’re in your dark and quiet room and dream away.
That is my challenge for you beautiful people out there. Try this for a month and see if you feel an improvement with your overall health. These are all easy-ish tasks I’ve chosen to lead you in the right direction. So good luck and have fun with this.
Take care readers!
photo by: likesuccess.com