So you have little rooms, hardly any storage, where in the heck do you put your awesome things? No, not the trash, not in a storage area located outside of your premises, not under the bed, but in the wall… say whaaattt?! In the wall? what are you talking about? No, I’m not crazy, but I do have a crazy awesome solution… it’s the In-wall DIY storage ideas, so get out your tools, or wives, grab your husbands and give them a picture of how you want it to look exactly like, OR ask that good-looking guy in the neighborhood you’ve been wanting to talk to… It’s time to make your home more functional!
So here’s what you do…
- Find an ‘interior wall’ (exterior walls are a no-no as they need to insulate homes!)
- Make sure the interior wall does not have any air ducts, electrical wiring, or pluming- because that would suck! These days they have gadgets to help find electrical wiring and such behind walls, which is very helpful.
- Measure the size of the storage space you want.
- Then demo fun-time, make your hole (careful to not cut studs). Typical measurements between studs are 14.5″ wide and 3.5″-4.25″ deep, so keep that in mind!
- you can put already made shelving units, just mount them in, or you can do some more DIY and add backsplash, brackets, and shelving, and make it 100% your taste! Personally I would add a mirrored back for those dating moments where you feel food stuck into your teeth that you must remove quickly before you smile and kiss your date, LIFESAVER! Adding a mirror also reflects light in the house making space in the home feel brighter and larger. I have thought this through people, and you’re welcome!
- Just make sure you measure with a ‘level’ that tool is a must!
- Put in your pretty touches, add framing, paint, and voila you made your house feel a little more like home!
Big built-in for a big dreamer, but check out the mirrored back… see what I’m saying?!
I had this problem at my old house… no spot to put cleaning supplies… what a great idea, just add a door and you’re good to go!
Between the studs jewelry storage anyone?! that’s what I’m talking about!
What a space saver people… Hey Ma, let’s make this happen in your house, huh?! We’ve got a big happy family with a lot of shoes in the entry!
And there you have it!… A great project to complete and make your life a little more organized, functional, and dreamy! Choose one or do all the ideas I’ve mentioned… get it done, the rewards are phenomenal, believe me!
Have a great day readers and thanks for stopping by!
1st photo by: diynetwork.com
pantry photo by: blogsufey.com
shoe storage by: remodelaholic.com