You’ve had a vision of how you wanted things to go as well as how you’d like to see the future, and yet bumps have presented themselves in the road which you travel. Your heart begins to grow sour, it’s spreading throughout your body like wildfire, this is disappointment. Disappointment of how the process is handled, disappointment of how you’re viewed in such an obscure way to some. You catch yourself in doubt staring blankly to the ground, your head is hung low, as the wildfire of disappointment and frustration grows into a mind-boggling confusion… How do you snap out of this dark fog, how do you bounce back to your more enthusiastic, hopeful self?
What’s Troubling You?
Sitting among the crowd, you think you’re in a catch 22, you’d like to add your two cents to an important topic yet if you speak will it be perceived in a positive way, a way of help, of good heart? (that’s all you intend it to be!) but maybe not, maybe it will come back to haunt you or you feel it won’t make a difference. And sitting there thinking of your views on the subject you just know your logical mind makes sense, is spoken of in good merit, but the risk of verbally expelling your views onto others brings a surge of fear…Maybe the others around you fear to say what you’re thinking (you are one of them right now, weighing out the pro and cons that may flourish with such a hot topic… do you speak your mind?).
All you want is to help. To help what? I’ll let you fill in that blank… maybe you want to help the world, to help the needy, to help the equality of race, sex, culture, anything and anyone that is not equal. How does one person help such a big problem? can little old you really make a difference?
I say YES! why not?! Maybe you might become that great leader everyone was praying about to help put an end to the ignorance, to the uneducated, to the hate. So let’s help you bounce back because the youth are looking up to you and hanging on your every word and action… better voice your opinion and even more important lead by example!
The Bounce Back Method
Ways to get mentally, emotionally, and physically strong!
- Take that role model you once idolized growing up and learn more about that person. What were their challenges? What was their vision, their drive to keep going? How did they overcome the obstacles barring down on them? Who were their close allies/support? Take what you’ve learned about them and implement it into your life. Let them motivate YOU! You can even take a favorite quote of theirs and jot it down to hang up in your home as a reminder of your purpose.
- Set goals. First make the BIG final goal that you envision (the big picture!) then set small obtainable goals that will lead you to the end result. Setting goals will keep you invested when the going gets tough.
- Know that you count! Your vision, your voice, you opinions DO matter and can make a difference. You just have to keep believing in yourself and what you’re fighting for.
- Stay Ethical. Keeping your morals, beliefs, love, respect, and continuing to make the ‘right choices’ even when it’s difficult will make you a stronger person and will lead to a healthier and happier YOU… And others will see you as an honest person which will only help you along the way.
- Get a cocktail while visiting a friend or two, sit in a comfortable chair and relax a little, you can’t worry all the time!
- Come visit the TwinCitiesView blog daily… I swear this will help~wink~
- Do your favorite exercise. I know for me walking and jump roping get me in the zone… I begin to feel vibrant, alert, and strong like the Hulk! Not only does this relieve stress but it also builds confidence and helps with focus to come up with awesome alternatives when you’re feeling stuck in a rut.
- Be Inspired! Read inspiring books, quotes, and listen to motivating music. Check out one of my past posts’ with awesome quotes to pick up your spirit and get you going… Click here for the post ‘Inspirational Quotes Just For YOU!’
- Meditate. Find that inner you and connect on a deeper level.
- Dance like no one is watching. Turn that music on loud and skid across the floor like Tom Cruise in ‘Risky Business.’ Oh shoot, the neighbors just saw you… give them a wave, smile, and keep dancing… it’s okay, they do it too (we all do!) It is said that music and dancing heals the soul and brings joy to our hearts, so do this often.
Bottom line is to never give up on what you stand for… But please, do so in a responsible and respectful way to ALL people and ALL things. Know that it’s okay to feel in doubt at times, that’s normal. We’re not perfect, so cut yourself some slack and other people as well. And while you might feel overwhelmed, pessimistic, glass half empty here and there remember to follow the ‘bounce back method.’
Keep your head up!
Take care readers!
Photo 1 by: hbr.org
photo 2 by: dodinsky.com
photo 3 by: imgarcade.com