The Best Way To Self Reflect (The Interview)
Finally a moment’s peace, gazing out at the sunset in an open field taking in the fresh air and the ability to hear your thoughts (I must say, they’re amazing thoughts you smarty pants!) It’s a time to self reflect, to get to know YOU better, to plan for the future while thinking about the past so you learn and can avoid mistakes as best as possible (no one wants to repeat the same mistakes right?!)
A great way to learn about who you are is to interview yourself like if you were on the ‘Actors Studio, 60 Minutes, or conversing with Oprah…’ (my mom must be happy I mentioned Oprah because she used to watch her show religiously singing and dancing just before it started… ‘Guess what time it is Eloise?’ she’d ask… and before I could answer she’d dance and announce ‘its Oprah Time!’) Okay, I got side tracked a little… back on topic… where was I… Ah yes! Interviewing yourself…
Here Are Some Good Get-To-Know-You Questions
- Who are the members of your family growing up and the people you live with now, and how would you describe them? I know this seems like it has nothing to do with you (but on the contrary!) Everything starts at home, you are a part of your family and therefore are tied to them in some respects… It starts your life story.
- What was your nickname at home and with your friends, and how did the names come about? (was it through a behavior, an event, or a characteristic?)
- Where are you from and is it the same place as where you grew up?
- What was your childhood like and what were you like as a child? Do you still hold on to who you were as a child or did you change? such as… are you more confident now or were you more confident back then… Do you still have your imagination as when you were a child or did that disappear? were you more kind then or now? etc…
- Did you accomplish any of your childhood dreams you set for yourself as an adult (like your career, schooling, home owner, that car you’ve always wanted!)
- What was your biggest obstacle in life thus far? did you work through it? how does that feel now?
- What are your future goals and why?
- What are you thankful for in your life?
- What needs work in your life?
- What’s your favorite color and why?.. I know you’re thinking this question is stupid, BUT if you answer why it helps define your characteristics… example: I like red: it’s bright, bold, daring, warm/hot… where someone else might say blue: it’s calming, pretty, and cool (which is how people see you as well as how you see yourself psychologically speaking!) OR how about black: it’s dark, mysterious, and deep.
- What scares the crap out of you and how did that come about? Me?! it’s frickin spiders, and on a more serious note staying healthy to take great care of my kids (that happened after my BIG health scare!)
- What are your strengths and your weaknesses? (No! this isn’t a job interview, but there good questions!)
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? And how can you make that happen?
- Are you happy?
- Are you a caring person? (for all people, not just the family!)
- What are important causes you’ve stood up for and still believe in?
- Are you ‘Being the change you wish to see in the world?’ (the wise Gandhi).
Well, you get the idea with these amazing questions that will open you up and help you reflect on your life. It’s fun to do once in a blue moon to see how you’ve grown as a person. I encourage you to answer these some time soon and then revisit it in a few years to see if some of your answers have changed… And when you’re out and about and hear an interview on the radio or TV pay attention to the questions and answer them for yourself. I wish you luck on your self-reflection and by all means, Enjoy the process.
Feel free to take an awesome quiz, called ‘Personality Quiz’ It’s a quick 4 question quiz about four major areas in a persons life… And don’t worry, it’s quick and the answers are very accurate in describing how you feel about the four areas of life, click here! (I highly recommend this!)
Take care readers!
photo 1 by: robbing.photoshelter.com
photo 2 by: korealizations.wourdpress.com
photo 3 by: estatelady.wordpress.com