Best Fall Decor For Your Home (Get In The Spirit)
I remember as a child, and to be honest still to this day! My mother decorating to the nine when it came to the holidays, especially with Halloween and Christmas… It always put the family and whoever was around in the holiday spirit… it was fun! When I used to own my charming home I did the same for my family and my kids LOVED it! (let’s pass this down from generation to generation people!) It’s a great way to put a smile on anyones face… And let’s not forget smiles are contagious, so pretty soon your entire family will smile once you’ve decorated and will probably feel uplifted until about dinnertime when people get hungry and cranky…ha! (just keeping it real!) But nonetheless, being festive is just plain ole fun!
I have a few great decorating products I’d like to share with you for the Fall Season, apple picking, Cider drinking, leaf looking time of year that your family will enjoy and afterward be sure to check out the DIY project I have for you…
Faribault Woolen Mill Company Plaid Wool Throw – Heather Grey/Blue (Made in MN, woohoo!)
You’ll be making these awesome candle holders! (get the kids, it’s craft time!)
- Mod Podge
- Sponge brush (optional) OR paint brush works too!
- Maple leaves (real OR fake)
- Mason Jar
- Cool looking twine
- and a candle (real OR fake)
- grab the mason jar and put a layer of mod podge on the spot you’ll be stick your first leaf
- put leaf on, and add mod lodge over leaf
- Find new spot and repeat steps one and two (do this until jar is covered all around)
- Keep adding layers of mod lodge until those leaves stick on well.
- Tie some awesome twine around the lid
- stick a candle in it and you’re done!
Have fun making this beautiful DIY Fall craft. Get the kids involved so it keeps them busy and happy… PS: this would even make nice gifts for people you know!
Take care readers!
photo 1 by: blissfullydomestic.com
photo 2 by: wonderfuldiy.com