Time To Move On To A Better Tomorrow…
Was there ever a time in your life where you were so focused on the past that you forgot to move on and live in the moment? Where your sole attention was on an event that caused you to have ‘a not so great time’ and it consumed your time, worry and energy? I’m sure we all have…
I found myself telling my son, a few times, that “Tomorrow’s a new day!” It’s usually at bedtime when I’m tucking him in and we talk a little about the day… Not often, but some days he’ll tell me he’s had a bad day and that it started in the morning…so I acknowledge his feelings and give him a bit of advice. My advice is, if something goes wrong in your day you have to learn to take deep breaths and let it go… things are not going to always go your way, and that’s okay! don’t let that ruin your whole day, or tomorrow, or week for that matter. Since he’s held on to it for the whole day, until bed, it’s time to say goodbye to that problem, that bad day, and know that tomorrow is going to be a good day. It’s about being positive, thinking positive, so that positive can surround you. (Advice we should all follow)…
Learn To Let It Go
There are many ways to let go of the past and feel good living in the present.
- Meditate, do yoga.
- Visit friends and family that help bring out the happiness in you.
- Exercise, go on walks, jog, swim, etc…
- Read, write, draw, paint.
- Seek a counselor (if major problem).
- Get yourself organized, make goals for yourself.
- Start a new hobby.
- Cry it out, dry your eyes, then pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start the new you… the moved on you…
- Accept that bad things happen some times and that it’s not the end of your world… you WILL be okay!
“The path to health and happiness is often not a path of adding to or gaining something, but of removal or letting go. This is a critical principle of healing that is rarely discussed.” Quote by Lawrence Wilson, MD.
Live in the moment People!