The 5 Minute Daily Exercise Challenge
You’re overwhelmed to the point you just can’t find enough time to dedicate to exercise, even for 20 minutes and therefore you decide ‘I just won’t do it then’… You get a little depressed because you know you should get going and do some kind of workout. But it’s the discouragement that kicks in and leaves you with the all or nothing logic… And so nothing takes place. What if I told you ‘hey awesome person, you can do this! Just start off with 5 minutes a day for hmmm… let’s say 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks of exercising 5 minutes/day up the time to 10 minutes.’ does that sound fair?
Once you dedicate 5 minutes a day with the exercise routine I’m going to give you, you’ll start to feel better about exercising and YOURSELF. It’s the kick-start to getting you on the right path. So put your right hand up and repeat after me… I, (Mr/Ms Awesome) swear to put aside 5 minutes a day to exercise, and if I feel like I can go longer certain days, well heck, I WILL because I’m WORTH IT! Amen!
The 5 Minute Workout Plan
- Put on some good, fast paced music, that will PUMP YOU UP!
- Start with toe-raises. So this means: you stand like normal then you lift your heels so all of your weight is being held by the ball of your foot and toes and slowly bring your heel back down to the ground, then you lift your heel again and bring it down, repeat for a whole minute (if you need to rest a little, then please do, but really push yourself to do as many as possible!)
- Next, we’ll do arm circles. Stay standing, lift your arms up to the sides (like you’re a bird flying) Then you’re going to make circle motions. Start off with the circle motions going forward for a minute, then switch reversing the circle motion to backwards for another minute. Good Job!
- Now you’re going to have a choice of either doing squats, lunges, OR steps for a minute. Squats are when you stand then get in a sitting position (with no chair!), then stand, then sit, repeat… Lunges are when you stand then take a large step forward with one foot, bring down your knee with your back leg to almost touch the ground, then step back to the standing position and switch to step forward with your other foot and repeat. As for the stairs (if you have stairs in your home) you’re just going to go up and down them as many times as you can for the minute.
- The last-minute you’re going to lay down and do crunches for a whole minute. This is your last-minute of the 5 minute workout, so really push yourself to do as many as you can (it’s the power minute!)
This exercise challenge that you do daily will help to build those muscles. Every little bit helps with your mental, emotional, and physical toughness! You will start to feel better about yourself, your health, and your life. So I wish you success and if you need a pep-talk or have a question or concern feel free to reach out to me!
Take care readers!
photo 1 by: goalinfinite.com
photo 2 by: pandawhale.com
toe raise photo by: betterbraces.com
arm circles photo by: tone-and-tighten.com
lunges photo by: diyhealth.com
crunches photo by: popworkouts.com